The NCTA’s Technology department provides technical subject matter expertise in the development of techno-policy that impacts the cable broadband industry.? In executing its responsibilities, the Technology department translates the impact of potential governmental regulatory and legislative initiatives to cable industry technical infrastructure and technology implementation.
The Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with other members of Technology department to design, build, engineer, and develop analytical software to a identify and analyze Internet traffic for video piracy.
- Utilizing information retrieval, data analytics, statistical modeling techniques, and cloud computing to build machine learning models and apply it video piracy use cases.
- Communicating clean and persuasive data directly to end users, leadership, and other stakeholder, technical and non-technical.
We are seeking a candidate who is a recent graduate with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or a related technical field. The candidate must be able to apply software programming skills to capture and analyze data and extract meaningful metrics from large data sets.
The Technology Intern should have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s (BS or MS) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science degree
- Experienced building AI/ML systems and applying data analysis skills using Python and SciKit to build predictive models ?
- Experience with AI/ML tool suites from AWS
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Google, or Azure)
- Familiarity with Linux (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOs, RedHat) administration
- Knowledge and understanding of the core Internet protocol (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS) and networking
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered.